In addition to our legal services, we offer a practical and personal advisory service to assist older people and their families, at an affordable cost.
This service is ideally suited to situations where the issues are not complex and do not involve legal expertise, but you may find yourself unable to work your way through the maze, and overwhelmed by the complex government or business practices.
Our HEART team members are highly skilled communicators, able to represent your concerns across all levels. They have a wealth of experience in community liaison.
The HEART Team works closely with our legal team, where legal advice and representation is needed, to keep you across all relevant legal developments that you will need to know.
Here’s how we deliver this great service:
- We offer a mobile office, available in accessible locations – for example, Port Stephens, Singleton, Cessnock and Maitland, in community halls and libraries. We will post a list of the locations and calendar shortly.
- You simply phone for an appointment, at a fixed rate of $100 for up to 1 hour’s service. At your consultation, you can discuss a range of issues affecting you, and obtain advice and resource, and referral assistance.
Our services include direct advice, representation and advocacy in areas such as:
- resolving disputes with family members, including setting up conflict resolution and other mediation processes
- arrange for services and understanding how these services work – such as mobile phones, internet, and utility services.
- Helping you to make decisions affecting your finances, your personal care, your family and personal life.
Call us today on 02 4934 6935.